Extra Safety Measures
Thank you for selecting HertsProCarpet.Cleaning to professionally deep clean your carpets/upholstery.
I want you to have the best and safest experience with the least amount of inconvenience possible. The following are some guidelines on how you can help me carry out best practices.
• Any room that requires our cleaning service will need to be free from personal items such as children’s toys, breakables, collectibles small tables, and chairs. If large items are to be moved for cleaning underneath, they should be free of any breakables, lamps, etc.,
• I assuming the environment has been free from any possible coronavirus infection and if this is the case, we will proceed to vacuum the area using an upright with HEPA filters to reduce the opportunity of redistributing particulate.
• If it is convenient for you, I would appreciate being able to park our van close to the door in your driveway or parking immediately outside if at all possible. This will help us with the amount of equipment required to bring into your home for the cleaning experience.
• If a child is going to be present in the home during the cleaning, I require an adult of 18 plus to be present during the cleaning services also.
• I would appreciate it if you could take steps to secure floor-length curtains on the windowsill or curtain tracks using coat hangers prior to our arrival. This procedure prevents the fabric from directly contacting damp carpets during cleaning procedures.
• Working to the government guidelines it will be necessary to remain two meters apart at all times. So if this is the room you would normally isolate to? Then it is suggested that another room should be chosen to enable everyone to comply with the guidelines.
• Any equipment that is used in your home will have been sanitized prior to being brought into the home.
• We will be wearing appropriate PPE which will usually be nitrile gloves, a mask, and overshoes at a minimum.
• I would ask that anyone staying in the property will remain in a separate room to where we are cleaning or perhaps you might want to venture out so as to ensure we all continue with our social distancing.
• During the pre‐cleaning inspection, please tell me the technician about any cleaning concerns that you may have, particularly those regarding spots or stains. I am trained in specialised spotting procedures and can evaluate soils and make appropriate recommendations.
• I will wipe all touchpoints with a sanitiser. As indeed all carpets and furnishings will be Post-treated with a sanitiser which has been approved to European standard EN14476:2013 + A2:2019. Killing up to 99.9999% of microbes and coronaviruses including SARS– COV2 which causes theCOVID 19 illness.
• Hopefully you will understand that I may turn down the offer of tea/coffee etc.,
• I encourage card or BACs payments.
• Everything we are doing is to safeguard you, your family, and the safety of all. Please let us know of any concerns you may have.
• It is important that all people and pets are kept away from the areas being cleaned and treated both during the cleaning process and during the drying process. If someone in your home is feeling ill, we encourage you to contact us and re-schedule the cleaning for a later date.
©intellectual property – HertsProCarpet.Cleaning
After- Care Procedures
Congratulations on having your home professionally deep cleaned.
Your carpet, rugs, upholstery, were cleaned in accordance with generally accepted industry standards of care. Here are a few tips to help make the most of your cleaning:
- Please allow plenty of time for your carpet, rugs, hard surface floors and/or upholstery to dry before returning to normal use. Drying times for carpet generally range from 2 hours to 24 hours. How long your carpet takes to dry after cleaning is related to the type and construction of the carpet, the type and degree of soiling and whether I applied any post-cleaning treatments. Even more importantly, drying time is always directly related to the ventilation and airflow in the home during and after cleaning. The humidity of the indoor and outdoor environment are also extremely crucial considerations. In some situations, I will employ professional air movers and fans to decrease drying times. One of the best ways to reduce the time it takes for your carpet, rugs, or furniture to dry is to have it professionally deep cleaned on a more frequent basis.
- I recommend minimising traffic on damp carpet, rugs, or hard surface floors. Please remember that your feet can be slippery when walking from damp carpet onto hard surfaces or down-stairs. Wearing indoor shoes when you need to walk on the damp carpet will keep oils from feet and socks from transferring into the carpet. Upholstery should not be used until fully dry.
- I may place foam blocks, foil squares or polythene tabs under the feet of furniture to prevent rust or wood stains from transferring to the carpet and to prevent moisture from the carpet from wicking into your furniture. Please do not remove these blocks until the carpet is fully dry.
- In accordance with established recommendations within and in the interest of your family and pet’s safety, it is best to keep everyone completely out of the area being cleaned or treated during the cleaning, and for a minimum of one hour after the cleaning is completed.
- Occasionally, a carpet will look great after cleaning, but during the drying, process areas begin to look dull in traffic areas and/or spots can reappear. This is called “wicking”. Wicking is generally caused by heavy soiling deep within the carpet beyond what even the best equipment can extract without over-wetting during the cleaning. As the surface of the fibres dry, soil carrying moisture wicks upward, drawn by the dry fibres on the surface. This can be present in large areas such as traffic patterns or be limited to smaller spots. Should wicking occur after your cleaning, please give us a call to discuss options. The best way to prevent the likelihood of soil and spot wicking is to professionally deep clean your carpet within frequency guidelines established by carpet manufacturers and health authorities. Please consult with me Ian Hayter your cleaning technician for more information.
©intellectual property – HertsProCarpet.Cleaning