Terms and Conditions – (NCCA 2022)
1. Unless otherwise agreed formally by myself – Herts Pro Carpet Cleaning (“the company”) with you (“the customer”) to the contrary:
a. These terms and conditions (which supersede and earlier conditions) shall apply to all quotations issued by the company and to any contract arising therefrom and no waiver thereof or variation or addition thereto shall be binding upon the company (subject to clause 1 c.Below);
b. These terms and conditions stipulated or referred to by the customer whether in the order or in any negotiation;
c. Variations to these terms and conditions will only be binding upon the company if agreed in writing by the company.
2. Unless withdrawn in the interim, quotations are open for acceptance for the period stated by the company. Once the quotation has been accepted (either verbally, digitally, or in writing) and an appointment made to carry out the work, a contract is formed between the company and the customer.
3.For the avoidance of doubt, these terms and conditions shall apply when the work quoted for is carried out.
4. Unless notified digitally or in writing prior to the formation of a contact no article being cleaned, be it carpet, upholstery, or other items (“the article”) shall be deemed of greater value than the value assigned to it by an independent valuation agent instructed by the company. If the customer believes that the value of any article being cleaned is of an especially high value, the company must be notified by the customer digitally or in writing prior to the formation of the contract.
5. Payment of work or domestic services shall be made within 14 days of satisfactory completion of the work. Credit may be allowed at the company’s absolute discretion for a period agreed before commencing any agreed work or services.
6. The company reserve the right to make the following additional charges upon late payment:
a. A charge of £25 if late payment (beyond 14 days) has to be sent to the customer;
b. Interest at the current County Court Judgment rate from the date that the payment was due until the date of payment.
7. The company shall perform the service with reasonable skill and care and to a reasonable standard. It cannot however guarantee that all stains, marks, or soiling will be completely removed.
8. The company does not accept responsibility for shrinkage or color migration arising out of, or as a result of, the cleaning process, or the use of any cleaning agent, unless these arise from lack of reasonable care and/or skill by the company’s servants or agents.
9. The company does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage due to defects of whatsoever nature in the article.
10. the company shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform the service due to any circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
11. Where the cleaning process is carried out at the customer’s own premises, the customer shall be responsible for the removal of all furniture, goods, and chattels for the purpose of cleaning. The company shall accept no liability for any damage caused to furniture, goods, or chattels unless damage has occurred as a result of negligence or lack of care on the part of the company’s servants or agents.
12. If any terms or provision of these terms and conditions are held invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if the terms and conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
13. These terms and conditions shall be interpreted by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Spot & Stain Disclaimer
Liability Waiver Notice
I will spot clean, or attempt to remove the spot & stains on your Carpet/Upholstery or Rug to the best of my ability, utalising all of my skill, technology, and training.
Due to conditions beyond my control, I cannot guarantee the results.
The liability of my company is limited to the purchase cost of the work we perform ONLY.
No other liabilities will be assumed or implied.
I have read and understood the above conditions. (spot and stain disclaimer check box)